Kelly Mittendorf, one of my personal favourites, also known as the weird face from that stunning Prada campaign, landed a pretty cool gig in VOGUE RUSSIA NOVEMBER 2012. I know it’s only a rather small jewellery ed but I’m always rooting for Kelly, so yaaay!
Photographed by Emma Tempest.
Okay, so Models.com decided to cheat and came up with not 10, but 12 newcomers. As of today the added 2 undoubtedly stunning faces to their list as ‘bonuses’ but actually I don’t mind: it was a stellar season, really.
1. Yumi Lambert (IMG) “A face as singularly stunning and unique as Yumi Lambert‘s is referred to as a visage.”
2. Manon Leloup (Wilhelmina) “Manon Leloup impressed with her combination of classic good looks, undeniable charm and of course the extra special oomph that set her apart from the rest.”
Models.com finally revealed the last newcomer for SS13, and, of course, it’s Marine Deleeuw, undoubtedly the most stunning new face this season. But while it was a kind of predictable choice, there’s no doubt she’s a stayer, so no complaints :)
Top 10 Newcomers - The breakout faces of the season according to Models.com
1. Marine Deleeuw (Ford) “If there’s one girl destined to snag all those coveted editorial options it is most certainly Marine.”
2. Juliana Schurig (Ford) “In Milan she hit the triple crown – Prada, Jil Sander and Versace, wildly divergent labels who could all agree on one thing – Juliana’s sleek appeal.”
3. Esther Heesch (Next) “Blessed with a refined look and a poise that belies her age, Esther’s place on the runways of Prada, Jil Sander, Dior, Celine, Balenciaga and McQueen, solidify her status as one of the season’s finest.”
4. Nastya Kusakina (Women) “With a face that harkens back to the days of the doll model moment and a runway presence that just won’t quit, Nastya Kusakina has impressed throughout fashion month, appearing on all the key runways.”
5. Grace Mahary (Ford) ” Though she has the dramatic looks to pull of Tisci’s high-concept couture, Grace can truly work any look.”
6. Antonina Vasylchenko (IMG) “There are moments when a model’s selective client list serves to highlight not only her in demand status, but also the nature of her allure. Antonina Vasylchenko radiates exclusivity with her classic prettiness and aristocratic bearing.”
7. Ji Hye (Elite) “The Korean stunner possesses ladylike grace with an urbane twist and her catwalk momentum is poised to continue.”
8. Tilda Lindstam (IMG) “[She] is the total package: beauty, charm, a walk that is on point and an offbeat style to keep the blog-set riveted.”
9. Asia Piwka (Marilyn) “Rumor has it Miss Piwka’s coveted poise has already caught the eye of a certain key photographer – we can’t wait to see what’s next!”
10. Irina Kravchenko (Ford) “Blessed with the effortless cool that casting directors can’t get enough of and a little something simply called presence, [Irina] has been impressing across the board.”
I have a ridiculous amount of love for Dorothea Barth Jörgensen, I honestly think she’s the prettiest girl in the world; so I’m incredibly sad when there are no updates in her tFS thread. Like she deserves WAY more. So don’t be surprised if I tend to get giddy when I see her new work like this Vision China editorial from their September 2012 issue. It’s not particularly strong or anything but it’s Doro, and she’s great, and all that.
Tilda has been around for a while now, mostly hanging out with Amanda Norgaard or Imogen Morris Clarke. But now, after her stellar breakthrough season, she made a name for herself. Vogue Italia did a short video interview with her, and she’s awesome in it, really.
“Be yourself and the rest will follow.”
“Weird patterns and heavy shoes.”
“I don’t wear dresses.”
“I like music.”
“Playing chess and tambourine.”
First thing I do when I wake up
“Sing along to my alarm.”
I am in love with…
“My neighbor (secretly!).”
Projects for the future
Age: 16 | Hometown: Gyor, Hungary
Describe your style in five words: Clean, comfortable, sporty, elegant, feminine.
Favorite designer: Prada, Miu Miu, Céline, Valentino, Gucci, Michael Kors.
Vogue’s quick interview with one of the hottest girls in the industry at the moment, Vanessa Axente. Being a Prada exclusive in Milan, what’s hotter than that?
Top 10 S/S Newcomers according to Vogue.ru:
1. Tilda Lindstam (IMG)
2. Marine Deleeuw (Ford/Why Not)
3. Cara Delevingne (Elite/Women)
4. Nastya Kusakina (Women)
5. Agne Konciute (IMG)
6. Irina Kravchenko (Ford)
7. Asia Piwka (Marilyn)
8. Vanessa Axente (DNA/Why Not)
9. Yumi Lambert (IMG)
10. Tonya Vasylchenko (IMG/Why Not)